Stop by my friend Mallyce's loft to see her clothing line LAEKEN and my friend Maxine's line MAXINE DILLON at The Brewery Artwalk this Saturday Nov 1st and 2nd 11am-6pm. The event includes: installations from both designers, projections from their recent spring 2009 runway shows, and a sample sale. There will be food and drinks next door so come stop by and hang out. I'm excited. I used to live there and The Artwalk is tons-a-fun.
THE BREWERY artist lofts 620 Moulton Ave #105, Los Angeles, CA 90031 US
I am constantly scouring the internet for new places to visit in Palm Springs and the desert. I am thrilled that The Ace Hotel is opening another location in Palm Springs in 2009 (in addition to locations in Seattle, Portland, and NYC). The L.A. based design collective Commune is remodeling the former Howard Johnson hotel and Denny's restaurant and designing the Ace Hotel & Swim Club in the tradition of Palm Springs mid-century style with a folk-modern-bohemian flair. They've got it going on.
Here's an orange cat wearing scuba gear. And he's not the only one. Below is an amazing water-loving cat named Hawkeye from Northern California. She scubas for real. How Stuff Works hired her to do a promo video for their site. Go Hawkeye. Watch the commercial here
You can watch a great news segment about Hawkeye and her owner here.
This is what happens in Denmark at Hvass&Hannibal - a design and art studio based in Copenhagen - when their super creative team steps away from their computers and tries a different medium. I love the triangular salami and the sophisticated color palette and Mr. Pancake Face.
I have decided Kime Buzzelli's new alias should be Kime Muse-elli because she is so gosh darn creative, talented and inspiring. I am the proud owner of one of her paintings. She owns the magical boutique Show Pony in Echo Park. Her blog The Moldy Doily inspired me to start a blog. I was perusing archives of her precious adorable-faced cat Georgie Boy and he definitely gets a few tribute photos on my cat loving blog. I also discovered one not-so-strange coincidence -- I bought a silky Manoush ruffled cat dress last year at the Manoush sample sale -- and it turns out that very dress was inspired by the precious Georgie Boy.
Kime's dress above and my dress pictured below. Looks like I got the ruffle collar version.
Oh yeah so she was tagged by a blogger to reveal 6 quirky things about herself. And now I will do that, too, as I have been tagged. But I may not tag other bloggers because I don't know enough of them yet.
1. I once read in Cat Fancy about a Russian Cat Theatre Group who performs with live cats. I was on a camping trip at the time. As soon as I got home from the trip, I checked their website, sped to the Wilshire Ebell Theatre as the show was starting in 10 minutes on that very day, got a free "donated" $60 3rd row seat ticket, and tried not to pee my pants as I watched this wonderful Cat Theatre in pure delight. That is the abridged story, I am going to devote a whole post to that soon.
2. I love pizza.
3. I put one foot up on the sink while I brush my teeth.
4. I am obsessed with The Madonna Inn and would go there every weekend if I could.
5. My animal totems are a wolf and a roadrunner. Surprisingly not a cat.
6. Luc called me a soccer mom when I came back from a power walk and told him about my Oprah Soul Series podcast.