Yes, Chester is really a wee willy winker! (something in his eye)
Whew, it's been a while since I've posted. I've been busy getting a new job. I got it. I am now an Interactive Designer at Tuesday Creative !! I've also been snapping some of the best pictures of my Siberian cat, Chester. They are sorta poor quality but I had to grab my iPhone both times and capture these precious moments. He's got a 2009 Calendar with his name on it. I've also been listening to the Beach Boys nonstop. I also got an unlimited pass to Pop Physique after seeing it on Daily Candy and deciding I could use some major @$$ sculpting. Now I have a full-time job and an unlimited pass. And every muscle in my body hurts. But my heart is happy.
Here's an orange cat wearing scuba gear. And he's not the only one. Below is an amazing water-loving cat named Hawkeye from Northern California. She scubas for real. How Stuff Works hired her to do a promo video for their site. Go Hawkeye. Watch the commercial here
You can watch a great news segment about Hawkeye and her owner here.
I have decided Kime Buzzelli's new alias should be Kime Muse-elli because she is so gosh darn creative, talented and inspiring. I am the proud owner of one of her paintings. She owns the magical boutique Show Pony in Echo Park. Her blog The Moldy Doily inspired me to start a blog. I was perusing archives of her precious adorable-faced cat Georgie Boy and he definitely gets a few tribute photos on my cat loving blog. I also discovered one not-so-strange coincidence -- I bought a silky Manoush ruffled cat dress last year at the Manoush sample sale -- and it turns out that very dress was inspired by the precious Georgie Boy.
Kime's dress above and my dress pictured below. Looks like I got the ruffle collar version.
Oh yeah so she was tagged by a blogger to reveal 6 quirky things about herself. And now I will do that, too, as I have been tagged. But I may not tag other bloggers because I don't know enough of them yet.
1. I once read in Cat Fancy about a Russian Cat Theatre Group who performs with live cats. I was on a camping trip at the time. As soon as I got home from the trip, I checked their website, sped to the Wilshire Ebell Theatre as the show was starting in 10 minutes on that very day, got a free "donated" $60 3rd row seat ticket, and tried not to pee my pants as I watched this wonderful Cat Theatre in pure delight. That is the abridged story, I am going to devote a whole post to that soon.
2. I love pizza.
3. I put one foot up on the sink while I brush my teeth.
4. I am obsessed with The Madonna Inn and would go there every weekend if I could.
5. My animal totems are a wolf and a roadrunner. Surprisingly not a cat.
6. Luc called me a soccer mom when I came back from a power walk and told him about my Oprah Soul Series podcast.
I am about to catch a plane to San Jose to attend a Women in Technology International Conference, not sure if I'll be able to post anything until I return on Wednesday. I will leave you with some great images from corbis of Jane Fonda doing yoga poses/cuddling on the floor with her cat. This reminds me of what I used to do with my siamese cat when I was 9. I have recently found so many amazing famous cat lovers posing with their cats to share, I am thinking I will try to divide it up into decades or organize them in some weekly way. Or maybe all at once for the most catastic impact. They are so purrrrfect.